Kapil's Korner 

9.1.06

Reading for 2006

I was supposed to accompany N for clothes shopping on Saturday evening, but she made a mistake - She made me walk past Crossword. And at that moment I could not resist myself from entering the place and picking up a few of the books from my "wish-list" which I very efficiently store in my mobile phone. However half-way through my list, I realised that I was actually not enjoying the titles I had short-listed and there were a lot many more interesting books around there and eventually ended up picking up books which I did not intend to. So the year 2006 starts with 2 picks:

The Spirit of Lagaan by Satyajit Bhatkal
This one is a Sriram recommendation. And let me tell you, this guy never goes wrong. His first recommendation - The Goal was also a great read. I picked this book only because I have always been interested in knowing more about the energy and activities that go behind making a feature film. I cherish to become a film director one day.

No Logo by Naomi Klein
I wanted to actually pick another book in advertising/marketing, but it looked more like a text book and kind of gave a boring feel. So I picked up this one which had some interesting case studies of famous companies and all about their marketing/branding activities. Look forward to reading this.

(Out of Stock) The Search: How Google and Its Rivals Rewrote the Rules of Business and Transformed Our Culture
I was looking forward to pick this one with great interest. It supposedly has been ranked as one of the best business books of year 2005. Don't ask me for a source. I read this somewhere in The Times of India, Mumbai edition.

Besides the new ones, I also have The Blink to complete. So much to read, so little time.

1 Comments:
Blogger Madhooo said...

Do let me know on how you found "Blink".

11 January, 2006 12:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home