Kapil's Korner 

15.1.06

Look ma, I saved some money

In the last two weeks I identified two areas where I could save some money by being just a little more smarter. I thought I should share this here, so that you could pick a tip incase you were paying for something which does not need to be paid for.

Credit Card Annual Fees
The credit card company charged me Rs.700 as annual fees. I called their helpline and told them I have this charge on my current statement - what must I do? In a prompt response the customer service rep replies "Sir, we see that you have been a customer with us since 2003, and I would like to waive off this fee as a special for you." Within less than 5 minutes it was solved and I saved some good bucks.

MSN Messages on Hutch
My latest bill from Hutch said something I had not been aware about so far. My friends use MSN Messenger to send SMS on my mobile. All this while, it has been free incoming and I would be charged only to reply. But it seems from now, they are even charging for incoming SMS from the MSN network. So watch out, that message which appears on MSN "your contact maybe charged for receiving messages by his network provider" is actually true and could run up a bill for your dear friend. Unless of course you hate him/her and want him to pay a heavy mobile bill, then go ahead and do it. And if you are one of those unlucky ones who does get bombarded with MSN messages, just delete your cell number from there, simple.

So that's all for now, will keep sharing such more tips whenever I can save some little money. More from you? feel free to share it with me.

1 Comments:
Blogger anumita said...

The credit card tip I have been using myself. They also waive off late charges if you insist.

16 January, 2006 16:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home